Monday, March 24, 2008

Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight

Several years ago I was struggling terribly with a profoundly negative work environment, and I stumbled upon "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. This book transformed my life, and launched me on a journey of personal and spiritual growth. Recently, these profound teachings about living in the present moment, coping with the ego, and the "pain body" have been revitalized with the publishing of "A New Earth", also by Tolle and the exciting on-line course being hosted by Oprah Winfrey.

However, being skeptical, I've always wondered if there was any actual science behind this type of spiritual transformation. A nod to Nancy for sending me the following video, which answers that question for me. I hope this wonderful video will inspire you as well.

According to the TED site:

Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story about how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home