Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Last Photosafari of 2005

I was lucky to visit Wolf Haven via the Oregon coast Thanksgiving week and I took hundreds of pictures. The holidays have kept me away from processing these pictures, but, I’ve finally completed some select images before the year has drawn to a close. All of these images can be clicked on to be enlarged. They're all 800 pixels across.


This is one of the beautiful wolves at Wolf Haven. I shot this through chain-link, so you can see some diamond-shaped distortion.


And, now I'd like to introduce our special guest on tonights show, an elk. Ahhh! Oh... Ms. Anne Elke, whew! This is one of dozens of wild elk that were working their way down the Oregon coast -- wild as could be. Ironic that first I visited my beloved wolves, then I visited their food!


They use a term in the Pacific Northwest, I can't remember it exactly, it's something like "Solar Breaks" or "Sun Episodes" to describe the brief moments of sunshine that can interrupt the constant flow of rain produced by the endlessly grey skies. This beautiful moment of sunshine on the Oregon coast only lasted about three minutes, so it tested my speed at lens-changing!


This photo was taken in Zig Zag, Oregon. Honest. You really have to admire a state that's willing to name a town after a "cigarette" wrapping paper. What I learned in taking this picture is that Zig Zag has no need to tow abandoned vehicles -- nature biodegrades them in about a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home