Sunday, February 19, 2006

Eight Below


Based on a True Story, Eight Below is an exhilarating adventure that swept me right out of the theater into the harsh, yet breathtakingly beautiful Antarctic wilderness. The remarkable vistas of this strangely beautiful frozen wonderland are magnificent, yet they are quickly eclipsed by the beauty, and bravery of the eight fuzzy “dog stars” of this film. These dogs form a close-knit family and each has a unique and thoroughly likable personality. The dogs courageousness quickly won my heart and I found myself loving each one and caring deeply for their wellbeing.

The dogs are inadvertently left on their own in the wilderness and the survival adventures of the dog team are thrilling and packed with emotional highs and lows. I laughed, I cheered, and I will admit that I, a 44-year-old man, cried my eyes out. I can’t remember a film that has ever touched me this deeply. I saw the movie three days ago and I can’t stop thinking about it.

This action-packed movie gripped my heart, made me fall in love with eight sled-dogs, sent me on an emotional rollercoaster and left me wanting more. If you’re looking for a feel-good, animal-loving, exciting, family-friendly movie that you’ll cheer and cherish, Eight Below is your best bet.

- Sam

The Official Movie Website
Information on the original 1984 Japanese movie "Nankyoku monogatari"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home