Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Skidboot

Me and Aurora

My friends Jim and Helen moved to Burbank in 1938 when all that was here were olive groves, and the Warner Brothers movie studio. They grew up when cars were a rare sight; horses and buggies were the daily transportation choice. They've lived through WWII, the depression, and Helen literally riveted airplanes at Lockheed.

One day I asked them both a simple question, "What is the greatest tragedy that you’ve experienced in your lives?” They didn’t hesitate to answer, “Dogs don’t live long enough.”

Aurora is my very special dog who I love with all my heart. It doesn’t matter how fat, or thin I am, she loves me. It doesn’t matter how much I earn, she loves me. It doesn’t matter what I am or what I do, she loves me.


The following video is a warm tale of a remarkable dog named Skidboot and the man he lives with. Initially it’s just amazing to see the “tricks” that this dog does – he’s clearly the most amazing dog you’ll ever see. However, what makes this story amazing, is the way Skidboot has changed the lives people all over the world, but most importantly his owner.

Have tissues handy when you watch the video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home